Urinary Tract Microbiome Testing (UTM)
Urinary Tract Microbiome Molecular Testing is the gold standard in Urology testing today.
The Soft Cell Laboratories Urinary Tract Microbiome Test is a comprehensive test that gives an in-depth
analysis of urinary tract health. The organisms found in the urinary tract can affect many aspects of day-to-
Most Accurate & Fastest Testing Option for Complex UTIs (Urinary Tract Infection)
- Fast TAT (Turn Around Time) – typically within 48 hours of sample receipt
- Accuracy of 100% and specificity of 99.59% compared to the traditional urine culture
- Provides primary physicians with the ability to tailor medication to specific organisms
- Reduces the progression of infection and the chance of hospitalization
- Eliminates empirically treating and over-prescribing antibiotics
- Easy-to-read reports.
Detects slow-growing or difficult-to-culture microorganisms when traditional methods often lead to ambiguous results. Utilizing real-time PCR techniques along with microorganism-specific assays, a molecular approach detects the presence of multiple microorganisms allowing appropriate courses of action to be designed.
returned the following results across all assays and controls tested:
- Analytical Accuracy 100 %
- Analytical Specificity 99.59 %
- Reproducibility 99.67 %
- LODs 100 cfu / µl
Turn Around Time: approx. 48 hours
Pricing: $399 / test
Random, clean catch, midstream urine collection in an unpreserved tube.
The following alternative samples are acceptable when placed in a sterile, leak-proof tube:
- in-dwelling catheter-collected urine,
- unpreserved specimens less than 3 mL,
- pediatric patients,
- patients with renal abnormalities
- long term care and/or pediatric difficult collections.
Unpreserved: 0.5 mL urine
Fill to the fill-line indicated on the tube label
Unpreserved urine transport tube
Compatible sample collection and storage
Collect urine samples using urine collection cups and tubes such as the BD™ Vacutainer™ urine
collection cups and tubes.
Compatible urine samples
- Un-stabilized/un-preserved urine that is collected in sterile containers (BD™ Cat. No. 364975)
- Urine that is collected and stored in Urine Analysis (UA) tubes (BD™ Cat. No. 364992)
- (Optional) Store samples according to the instructions provided with the collection container or store at 4°C for up to one week.
- Urine >3 mL with exception of pediatric specimens or from patients with renal abnormalities
- Unpreserved, not refrigerated specimens
- Foley tips
- Specimens from catheter bag
- Expired transport devices
- 24-hour urine collections
- Leaking samples
- Uri cult devices
For more information or to order a test, contact us at:
Soft Cell Laboratories
4616 Beehive Drive, Suite 4
St. George, UT 84770